Just as its name says it, SuperBrain is designed to give the brain cells a turbo boost. The two main ingredients, Hericium Erinaceus mushroom and Ophiocordyceps, stand on their own when it comes to their medicinal benefits and uses. Hericium E. is a delicious mushroom used typically in Chinese and Japanese cuisine, it’s referred to as 'Nature's Nutrient for the Neurons' on account of its ability to stimulate the production of nerve growth factor (NGF)1,2. NGF is pivotal in the differentiation and survival of some very important nerve cell populations in the central nervous system. Lower than normal NGF levels have been linked to onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Hericium E. has also been shown to have a strong positive impact on the immune system, due to its activation and production of NGF, which in turn, communicate with immune system receptors to help modulate immune responses.
Hericium E. is now sought after for its neurological benefits; however, it has a wide range of uses. In China for example, it has been used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers, chronic gastritis, gastric and oesophageal cancer. Additionally, the fact that Hericium E activates production of NGF is what makes it even more versatile. NGF is known to have huge positive effect in the production of insulin, the formation of blood vessels, and antioxidant properties; and reduced levels of NGF have been associated with cardiovascular diseases and metabolic syndromes, including type 2 diabetes11,12. NGF has also been shown to accelerate wound healing and there is also evidence that it could be useful in the treatment of skin and corneal ulcers13. Animal studies have shown NGF to have a profound effect on airway inflammation and asthma-related symptoms with increased NGF levels observed in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and serum from patients with asthma14.
•Dementia: In a study, 30 patients aged 50-80 with mild dementia were randomized into treatment and control groups. H. erinaceus was given as tablets at 3g/day for 16 weeks and produced significant increases in cognitive function in the treatment group.
•Cognitive Impairments: A double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial showed improved cognitive ability.
•Multiple Sclerosis: H. erinaceus fruiting body extract has been shown to improve the myelination process in mature myelinating fibers with possible benefits for MS patients18,19.
•*Neuropathy: Enhanced NGF production has been shown to protect sensory function in diabetic rats and NGF reduction has been shown to cause cardiac sensory neuropathy21,22.
•*Nerve Damage: Rats given aqueous extract of H. erinaceus fruiting bodies showed faster recovery from nerve injury
•*MRSA: In clinical tests in Japan MRSA is reported to have disappeared in a percentage of patients whose diet was supplemented with H.erinaceus29.
•*Gastritis: One of the traditional indications for H. erinaceus, it appears likely that its beneficial effects in this regard are also a function of the antibacterial action of its cyathane derivatives, with Helicobacter pylori now known to be a major cause of chronic gastritis30-32.
Another component used in Superbrain is OphioCordycepsSinensis which is the main component in Rockstar, for this info please find under Rockstar.
11. Reduced plasma levels of NGF and BDNF in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Int J Cardiol. Manni L, Nikolova V, Vyagova D, Chaldakov G.N, Aloe L. 2005;102(1):169–71.
12. Homo obesus: a metabotrophin-deficient species. Pharmacology and nutrition insight. Curr Pharm Des. Chaldakov G.N, Fiore M, Tonchev A.B, Dimitrov D, Pancheva R, Rancic G, Aloe L. 2007;13(21):2176–9.
13. Nerve growth factor and wound healing. Prog Brain Res. Kawamoto K, Matsuda H. 2004;146:369–84
14. Expression of nerve growth factor in the airways and its possible role in asthma. Freund V, Frossard N. Prog Brain Res. 2004;146:335–46.
21. Protection of sensory function in diabetic rats by Neotrofin. Calcutt N.A, Freshwater J.D, Hauptmann N, Taylor E.M, Mizisin A.P. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;534(1-3):187-93.
22. Nerve growth factor is critical for cardiac sensory innervation and rescues neuropathy in diabetic hearts. Ieda M, Kanazawa H, Ieda Y, Kimura K, Matsumura K, Tomita Y, Yagi T, Onizuka T, Shimoji K, Ogawa S, Makino S, Sano M, Fukuda K. Circulation. 2006 ;114(22):2351-63.
29. Anti-MRSA compounds of Hericium erinaceous. Kawagishi H et al. Int J Med Mushr. 2005;7(3):350
30. A double-blind study of effectiveness of hericium erinaceus pers therapy on chronic atrophic gastritis. A preliminary report. Xu C.P, Liu W.W, Liu F.X, Chen S.S, Liao F.Q, Xu Z, Jiang L.G, Wang C.A, Lu X.H. Chin Med J (Engl). 1985;98(6):455-6.
32. Effect of culinary-medicinal Lion's Mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae), on Ethanol-induced gastric ulcers in rats. Abdulla M.A, Noor S, Sabaratnam V, Abdullah N, Wong K.H, Ali H.M. Int J Med Mush. 2008;10(4):325-330
^ Mori, K.; Inatomi, S.; Ouchi, K.; Azumi, Y.; Tuchida, T. (2009). "Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial". Phytotherapy Research 23 (3): 367–372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634. PMID 18844328. edit
Our Rockstar supplement as its namesake lets you know, allows you to get more out of your day by giving you more endurance and stamina. Rockstar is made from Agaricus Blazei Murill ( see Immunity for AbM description,) and Ophiocordycep Sinensis, one of the most valued medicinal fungi in China, used for its invigorating effects in strengthening the body and restoring energy. Many people use Ophiocordycep as a stimulant, a tonic, and an “adaptogen,” to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.
Ophiocordyceps is used to treat a wide range of ailments such as chronic bronchitis, respiratory disorders, kidney disorders, male sexual problems, anemia ,high cholesterol, and liver disorders to name a few. However, It is more commonly used for strengthening the immune system, improving athletic performance, reducing the effects of aging, promoting longer life, and improving liver function in people with hepatitis B. Alternatively, studies revealed it that might stimulate cells and specific chemicals in the immune system which protect against cancer cells and may shrink tumor size, particularly with lung or skin cancers.
"In elderly patients, cordyceps improved a number of quality of life parameters, including general physical condition, mental health, appetite, vitality, sexual drive and cardiac function. In effect, cordyceps helps to turn back the aging clock. Remarkably, no down side or side effects are known for cordyceps. Is there an all-around supplementary super agent? Cordyceps is ample evidence that the answer is yes."
Cordyceps is one of the most unique, rare, and treasured plants used in herbal medicine. In its natural form, Cordyceps can be found only at elevations above 3500 meters in isolated areas of southwestern China. This herb is actually a type of fungus which grows on the backs of caterpillars indigenous to China, Nepal, and Tibet. Due to its rarity, Cordyceps harvested in the wild is very expensive, costing about $1000 for 100 grams. Wild cordyceps from Tibet is supposed to be the best in the world. Scientific research has proven that wild cordyceps is richer in certain components, and also that the proportions of its ingredients are different from the cultivated herb, and this might make some differences in the activity.
Used for nearly 1500 years in traditional Chinese medicine, the Cordyceps fungus has been found to be very effective in treating circulatory, respiratory, and immune system problems in addition to its most popular usage as a powerful aphrodisiac. Recent studies performed at Beijing Medical University of China and in Japan have shown a 64% success rate among men suffering from impotence vs. 24% in the placebo group.
In ancient China, Cordyceps was highly recommended as one of the most effective medicines for all illness. Due to its anti-aging and cure-all properties, it can be compared to ginseng, reishi and deer velvet. In general, cordyceps is a tonic that helps build strength, improve organic functioning, strengthen the immune system and contributes to longevity.
Studies with CORDYCEPS sinensis
Much of what is known about Cordyceps sinensis we owe to the research of Dr. Georges Halpern, a physician and professor emeritus with the University of Hong Kong, and author of several books about Cordyceps.
Research suggests that Cordyceps may improve the BIO ENERGY status of animals and probably in humans. This would happen because Cordyceps improves the internal balance mechanism, thus making the utilization of OXYGEN more efficient. These properties may account for the overall physical enhancement, the added endurance, and the anti-fatigue effects which are seen in humans using the Cordyceps supplement.
1. Improvements in the Immune System The improvements in the Immune System were so impressive that Dr. Zhu at the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 1998 stated: “Because of the above profound influence on immune functions, natural Cordyceps products have been used in many clinical conditions in patients with altered immune functions.”
2. Immune System Increases NK cell activity, makes more MUSCLE – Increases Power, builds better/younger cells. Recharge the Protective Army of NK cells – Your body’s ability to fight infections and tumors depends on the availability of Natural Killer (NK) Cells. These are essential first lines of defense for our body’s protection mechanisms commonly known as the Immune System. Several scientific studies of Cordyceps have especially focused on Natural Killer (NK) cells and Cordyceps effect on them and cancer formation. One such in-vitro study demonstrated Cordyceps adding significant enhancement of NK cell activity in normal individuals as well as leukemia stricken individuals. (Liu C, Lu S, Ji MR, Xie Y. effects of Cordyceps sinensis on in-vitro natural killer cells. Chinese J Integrated Traditional Western Med (Chung-Kuo Chung His I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih) 1992;12(5):267-269) showed that natural Cordyceps enhanced the NK cell activity of normal patients by 74% and increased the NK activity of leukemia patients by 400% and similar improvements of NK cell activities was found in big melanoma cancer (Xu RH, Peng XE, Chen GZ, Chen GL. Effects of Cordyceps sinensis on natural killer activity and colony formation of B16 melanoma. Chinese Med J 1992;105(2):97-101)
3. Anti-aging The First Anti-Aging Supplement Known to Mankind It’s An Anti-Aging Fighter with clinical research proof in controlled studies which showed that elderly patients suffering from fatigue and some senility related symptoms reported. (1) Improvements in the reduction of fatigue 92%, of feeling cold 89%, in dizziness 83%, after taking Cordyceps for 30 days. Patients with respiratory/breathing problems felt physically stronger and some were able to jog for 600 ft. (Cao A, Wen Y. J Applied Traditional Chinese Med 1993;1:32-33)
4. Cordyceps Reduces Fatigue Several studies with animals have demonstrated that Cordyceps sinensis increases the cellular energy production and oxygen supply. A double blind, placebo controlled investigation showed a marked reduction in fatigue in elderly patients when they were given three grams of Cordyceps daily. In another study, Cordyceps sinensis improved shortness of breath and reduced fatigue in patients suffering from chronic heart failure (Reference 1, Chapter “Improvement of physical performance and quality of life”, pages 293 – 295).
5. Cordyceps Improves Stamina and Athletic Performance Several studies with animals have shown that Cordyceps sinensis increases the cellular energy production and oxygen uptake ( Reference 1, Chapter “Improvement of physical performance and quality of life”, pages 293 – 295). A study with mice demonstrated their improved swimming capabilities after six weeks of Cordyceps supplementation compared with a control group (Reference 3, page 260).
6. Endurance & Stamina Reduces muscle soreness and Back ach, Enhances recovery, Promotes better Oxygen efficiency,
7. Fitness Increases ATP Synthesis, Promotes Faster Energy Recovery, Reduces Fatigue, Improves Physical Function, Provides More Stamina.
8. Cordyceps Combats Sexual Dysfunction Three separate Chinese double blind and placebo-controlled studies with over 200 men with “reduced libido and other sexual problems” showed remarkably similar results. On average, 64% of the Cordyceps-users reported significant improvement at the conclusion of the experimental period compared with 24% of the placebo group. In another double blind, placebo controlled study conducted with 21 elderly women with similar complaints, 90% reported improvements of their condition following the use of Cordyceps, compared with none in the control group (Reference 1).
9. Hormones – Adrenal Thymus, Mitochondrial energy. Dramatic Natural Improvements are seen in endocrine hormone levels, in fertility, and in Sexual Libido for men and women.
10. Sexual Function Improves Libido and Quality of Life in Men & Women, Fights infertility, Increases Sperm Count, Increases Sperm Survival. (1) Research on animal studies shows cordyceps increases natural sex hormones(Wan F, Guo Y, Deng X. Chinese Traditional Patented Med 1988;9:29-31) (2) Prevention and improvement of adrenal glands and thymus hormones, and infertile sperm count improve by 300% after cordyceps supplement.(Huang Y, Lu J, Zhu B, Wen Q, Jia F, Zeng S, Chen T, Li Y, Xheng G, Yi Z.. Zhongchengyao Yanjiu 1987;(10):24-25) (3) Human clinical studies involving both men and women of 189 patients with decreased libido and desire showed improvement of symptoms and desire of 66% (Wan F, Guo Y, Deng X. Chinese Traditional Patented Med 1988;9:29-31) and (4) Another double blind study by the Institute of Materia Medica in Beijing, China showed a woman improvement of libido and desire at 86%. (JIA-SHI ZHU, M.D., Ph.D. The Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, Vol.4, Number 3, 1998, pp.289-303) (5) The most dramatic physical proof came from Fertility Study (Guo YZ. J Modern Diagnostics Therapeutics 1986;(1):60-65) involving a clinical research of 22 males showed that cordyceps supplement increased clear evidence of 33% increase in sperm count, decreased 29% incidence of sperm malformations, and a 79% increase in survival rate after 8 weeks of cordyceps supplement.
11. Memory Improvement, Mood Enhancer and Stress reduction Cordyceps improves memory and mental sharpness. It also has a natural relaxing effect due to its amino acids, glutamic acid, tyrosine and L-tryptophan. A benefit the researchers found is that cordyceps helps promote restful sleep. Cordyceps has a calming effect on the nervous system to help reduce anxiety and nervous stress as well as making sleep more productive. Cordyceps has anexcellent potential to benefit those with depression since it naturally inhibits monoamine oxidase in the brain with no side effects-unlike drugs. It is a natural herb which helps upregulate the brain’s biochemistry without side effects with a track record of thousands of years. Hobbs, C., “Cordyceps sinensis,” in Medicinal Mushrooms, An Exploration of Tradition, Healing and Culture, Interweave Press: Loveland, CO, 1996, pp. 81-86. Stamets, P., “Cordyceps sinensis,” in Mycomedicinals, MycoMedia: Olympia, WA, 1998, p. 22-23.
12. Cordyceps Improves the Functioning of the Heart Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits of Cordyceps sinensis on heart rhythm disturbances, such as cardiac arrhythmias and chronic heart failure (Reference 2, Chapter “Effects on the Cardiovascular System”, pages 436 – 441).
13. Cordyceps Helps Maintain Cholesterol Four excellent studies have demonstrated that Cordyceps sinensis helps to lower total cholesterol by 10 to 21% and triglycerides by 9 to 26%. At the same time it helps to increase HDL-cholesterol (“good cholesterol”) by 27 to 30% (Reference 1, Chapter “Effects on blood lipid metabolism and arteriosclerosis”, pages 299 – 301). Blood Cells – Improves Blood Cell Viability & Function. Cordyceps is also a great blood builder and purifier. Studiesshow it can clear anemia due to its ability to build bone marrow and platelet counts. It has also significantly helped normalize arrhythmia (irregular heart beats) and improved blood flow to the heart. Even chronic hepatitis B patients found the extract increased their blood albumin levels as well as improving their liver and protein metabolism. Other human trials show that cordyceps can also lower high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Genetic – Promotes DNA Repair Liver Protection - Improves Liver Functions, helps with Hepatitis and Cirrhosis Sub chronic and chronic hepatitis on related liver diseases are more prevalent than most people think. Liver is the living filter of the human body, cleaning the blood and all other fluids of impurities. There is no way for you to survive, much less feel healthy, without a functioning liver. Research clinical trials on 33 patients with Hepatitis “B” and on another 8 patients with cirrhosis taking Cordyceps supplement showed 71.9% improvement on “Thymol Turbidity Test” and 78.6% improvement in” SGPT Test” both of these are enzyme test showing improving functions of the liver. (Zhou LT, Yang YZ, Xu YM, Zhu QY, Zhu YR, Ge XY, Gao JD. Short term curative effect of cultured Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc. Mycelia in chronic hepatitis B. China J Chinese Materia Medica 1990;15(1):53-55)
14. Cordyceps Protects against Free Radical Damage Several studies have shown that Cordyceps sinensis protects against the damages caused by free radicals, and as such has powerful antioxidant properties (Reference 1, Chapter “Äntisenescence and Oxygen-Free Radical Scavenging Activity”) An even more vigorous study was conducted using “in vivo” mouse model induced acute Pulmonary Edema (Pneumonia) which causes systemic lack of oxygen, acidic body, and death. Research results show that animals taking Cordyceps had a significantly greater survival rate of 20% mortality vs. 80% mortality in 30 minutes. This is a startling 400% improvement. (From Wan F, Zhang S. Clinical observations of fermented Cordyceps sinensis (Cs-4) in antitussive, expectorant, and antathematic effects. Collection on the Basic Medicinal and Clinical Studies of Submerged Culture Cordyceps sinensis. Beijing, Nanchang, China:Jiangxi TCM/IMM, 1985:35-39)
15. Cordyceps radically increases cellular energy Cellular energy, which is also known scientifically as the ATP/IP ratio. Cordyceps has been clinically proven to increase cellular Bio-Energy by as much as 55% (Reported XU C.F et al in ZHU J-S, Halpern GM, Jones K. The Scientific rediscovery of a precious ancient Chinese herbal regimen: Cordyceps sinensis: Part I. J Alt Comp Med 1998;4(3):289-303.)
16. Cordyceps increases cellular Oxygen Absorption by up to 40% (Lou Y, Liao X, Lu Y. Cardiovascular pharmacological studies of ethanol extracts of Cordyceps mycelia and Cordyceps fermentation solution. Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs 1986;17(5):17-21,209-213) Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases improvement of 40% after Cordyceps supplement. (Wang WQ. J. Administration Traditional Chinese Med 1995;5 (supp;):24)
17. Cordyceps Improves the Respiratory Function Several scientific studies have demonstrated the benefits of Cordyceps sinensis in alleviating the symptoms of several respiratory illnesses including chronic bronchitis and asthma (Reference 2, Chapter “Effects on the Respiratory System”, pages 429-432). In a double blind, placebo controlled study with 30 elderly volunteers Cordyceps significantly improved the maximum amount of oxygen these people were able to assimilate (Reference 4).
18. Cordyceps Helps Discomforts from Tired Legs Several studies have shown that Cordyceps sinensis improves the flow of blood in the body by relaxing the smooth muscles of the blood vessels allowing them to expand. Cordyceps also improves the functioning of the heart and lungs (see above). Cordyceps therefore prevents or reduces the contraction of blood vessels which interferes with the flow of blood vessels in the legs, the main cause of tired legs (Reference 2, Chapter “Effect on the Cardiovascular System”, pages 436 – 441).
19. Chronic kidney diseases improvement (3) Chronic kidney diseases improvement of 51% after only one month with Cordyceps supplement.(Jiang JC, Gao YF. J Administration Traditional Chinese Med 1995;5(suppl):23-24)
20. Cordyceps Reduces Tumor Size in Cancer Patients Several clinical studies have been conducted in China and Japan with cancer patients (References 1 and 2). The studies were done with CSE (Cordyceps sinensis mycelium) using a therapeutic dose of 6 grams per day (= 4 capsules twice daily). In one study with 50 lung cancer patients administered CSE in conjunction with chemotherapy, tumors reduced in size in 46% of patients. A study in cancer patients with various types of tumors found CSE (6 g/day for over 2 months) improved subjective symptoms in the majority of patients. White blood cell counts were maintained and tumor size was significantly reduced in about half of the patients. Researchers in Japan reported that CSE enhances the general reactivity of the immune system in individuals with cancer. To discover this, they subcutaneously injected mice with cancerous (lymphoma) cells and then orally administered CSE. This lead to a reduction of tumor size and prolongation of the host survival time. CSE also improved the antibody responses.
Much of what is known about Cordyceps sinensis we owe to the research of Dr. Georges Halpern, a physician and professor emeritus with the University of Hong Kong, and author of several books about Cordyceps. His interest and commitment have resulted in making available to the Western world the many research studies conducted by Chinese scientists published in various Chinese scientific journals. These investigations with Cordyceps sinensis have been summarized in the following scientific articles:
1. Zhu, J.S., Halpern, G.M., and Jones, K. (1998): The Scientific Rediscovery of an Ancient Chinese Herbal Medicine: Cordyceps sinensis. Part I. Journal of Alternative and complementary Medicine 4(3), pp 289-303.
2. Zhu, J.S., Halpern, G.M., and Jones, K. (1998): The Scientific Rediscovery of a Precious Ancient Chinese Herbal Regimen: Cordyceps sinensis. Part II. Journal of Alternative and complementary Medicine 4(4), pp 429-457.
3. Mizuno T. (1999): Medicinal effects and utilization of Cordyceps (Fr.) Link (Ascomycetes) and Isaria Fr. (Mitosporic Fungi) Chinese Caterpillar Fungi, “Tochukaso” (Review). International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms 1 (3), pp 251-261.
4. Xiao Y., Huang X.Z., Chen G.,Wang M.B., Zhu J.S., Cooper C.B.: Increased Aerobic Capacity in Healthy Elderly Humans given fermented Cordyceps Cs-4: a Placebo controlled Trial. Ann. Meeting American College of Sports Medicine, Seattle, WA, June 3-5, 1999. Proprietary Sports Nutrition Product Increases ATP production - Increases Oxygen Utilization Decreases Blood Pressure - Regulates Blood Sugar Decreases Appetite - Increases Libido & Sexual Function Decreases Alcohol Desire Product Applications Sports and Performance Enhancement - Using this herb, women runners shattered 9 world records (1993) Supplements Jet Lag Sexual Function in Men and Women Concentration and Memory Improvement A well-known anti-infective, anti-cancer, anti-tumor agent
A natural tranquilizer /anti-depression agent / Mood Enhancer
Stress reduction /Restful sleep A premier blood builder (useful in anemia) Immunomodulation Diabetes Control Veterinary Medicine Alcohol-ex Preparations
Immunity is a powerful tumor fighting combination created to prevent and fight against tumor formation, with no side effects. made from the AbM Ando San extract (1), PSK extract (2) from the Coriolus Versicolor, and Lentinian extract (3) from the infamously delicious Shiitake mushroom. Each of these medicinal mushrooms has amazing curative powers on their own. Agaricus blazei Murill (AbM) is rich in biologic response modulators such as active and complex proteoglucan and B-glucans which help it activate white blood cells such as macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes and natural killer cells in the innate immune system.
Polysaccharide Krestin (PSK) is another rockstar mushroom extract that we have included in our Anti-Tumor blend. PSK has been long used in Asia and recently in Western countries as a treatment for cancer due to its presumed immune potentiating effects. There is evidence indicating PSK ‘s anticancer activity in human clinical trials. Research has also demonstrated that PSK may inhibit various cancer onset mechanisms. In conjunction with chemotherapy, PSK has increased the survival time of cancer patients and it has shown PSK can help to restore the immune system in immune-deficient animals. Despite reports of positive clinical responses after patients have ingested PSK, the mechanism that makes it so efficient remains undefined. Still, PSK is actively used in alternative medicine for the treatment of cancer as well as in western medicine treatments. In Japan for instance, PSK is an official cancer therapy which is covered by all health insurance
AbM traditionally been used against various illnesses, ranging from physical and emotional stress, diabetes, high cholesterol and circulatory problems, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer and indigestion, to chronic hepatitis and cancer.
•Some of the active ingredients in AbM such as beta-glucans, proteoglycans and ergosterol help induce tumor regression, and decreased level of metastasis in ovarian and lung cancer.
•Ergosterol, found in AbM is considered a substance which blocks blood vessel formation necessary for tumor metastasis, therefore it hampers formation and growth of tumors.
PSK has traditionally been used in Asia for immune support and has become one of the most effective and thoroughly researched mushroom extracts for immune support in the world. Today, PSK the immune supporting beta glucans extracted from the medicinal mushroom Coriolus versicolor are one of the first herbs from Traditional Chinese Medicine to be fully backed by modern scientific research. And it is the top- selling mushroom in Japan, and around the world for people with immune deficiencies.
•PSK has been shown to inhibit tumor growth in gastric, esophageal, colorectal, breast and lung cancers.
•Lessen the toxic and side reactions of chemo- and
•Recover the delayed supersensitive reaction inhibited by chemotherapeutic drugs
such as cyclophosphamide and raise the number of White blood cell
• raise the immune function
•prolong life and raise the quality of life
Last but not least to top our Immunity blend, is the Shiitake mushroom extract Lentinian. Shiitake mushroom is a common culinary mushroom used in Chinese, and Japanese cooking. Shiitake is available fresh or dried in oriental markets, health food markets, and even many supermarkets. In Japan, Lentinan, an extract of this mushroom, has been used against colorectal and stomach cancer, often in conjunction with other treatment such as chemotherapy, and Japanese researchers have presented data supporting this use. Additionally, Lentinian has been used and studied for its efficacy in the following areas:
•Inflammation within the digestive system
The source of above info is coming from the US National Library of Medicine, below some information of medical publications as also other relevant links
US National Library of Medicine:
1 ) PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41383. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0041383. Epub 2012 Jul 23.
The anti-tumorigenic mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill enhances IL-1β production and activates the NLRP3 inflammasome in human macrophages.
Huang TT, Ojcius DM, Young JD, Wu YH, Ko YF, Wong TY, Wu CY, Lu CC, Lai HC.
Center for Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China.
2 Effects of lentinan alone and in combination with fluoropyrimidine anticancer agent on growth of human oral squamous cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo.
Harada K, Itashiki Y, Takenawa T, Ueyama Y.
Int J Oncol. 2010 Sep;37(3):623-31.
2 The immunomodulator PSK induces in vitro cytotoxic activity in tumour cell lines via arrest of cell cycle and induction of apoptosis.
Jiménez-Medina E, Berruguilla E, Romero I, Algarra I, Collado A, Garrido F, Garcia-Lora A.
BMC Cancer. 2008 Mar 24;8:78. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-8-78.
PMID:18366723 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]